Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Moon and the Sun


Some think the moon is romantic;
Others love the warmth of the sun,
But i receive them both with wide open hands
They are oh so very different
And they could never understand
How it feels to work on no man's land
But still i love them
For they are tightly locked in my heart
Even if they divide into two separate parts

I'll admit that I've hated them at times
But it does me no good is what I've realized
I have wanted to run away and never come back
But they are always all around me day and night
And if you look really closely
You'll see them in my eyes
For they are both inside me
Standing tall with pride
Shining like a ring in the light

I could never forget our past-
What they have done
It is always right beside me
Like a scar in my hand
Reminding me of who i am
They have their virtues and their defects
The sun makes a warm, sunny day
And the moon just makes you gaze
The moon can ice you up
As if you have been put to refrigerate
And the sun can burn you up
Whenever you make it feel rage

You just learn to love them for who they are
Because that's all you have
And all you are
So you see, you can't love the moon more than the sun
Because in the end
You need them both to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment